Importing favorites to IE6

MichelleC 10:59 31 Aug 03

How do I import folders in favorites and not just files (or else it'll take ages)? In the Import/Export Wizard I'm just getting the option import from a file or address.

Open I.e, Go to File, Import and Export and then Import Favorites and browse to the location that you have saved them.

However, you would know this had you used this procedure to export them, so what sort of file are you trying to import?

Megatyte 11:09 31 Aug 03

With the wizard just browse to the folder containing the fovorites you want to import, click save and next.

MichelleC 12:45 31 Aug 03

I'm on w2k on drive 'd' and want to import fav's from drive 'c'. The Wiz defaults to 'd' Documents and Settings/Michelle/My documents/... I change and navigate to 'c'Documents and Settings/Michelle/My documents/ but it gives no option to import entire folders of fav's, just the files.

powerless 18:29 31 Aug 03

Easier way.

I take you have a dual boot there?

Just copy the favourites that you need and paste to where you want them to go.

The fav's should go to X:\Documents and Settings\Michelle\Favorites

MichelleC 11:21 01 Sep 03

Well, my 1st boot os is knackered, so I'm trying to copy data etc from 'c' to 'd'. I quess there's no import facility in ie for 'folders' only 'files' (unlike opera). So I'll install Opera. Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…