importing email contacts from windows mail to thun

aine 17:11 10 Jan 09

does anyone know a way to import contacts to thunderbird? I have followed the directions given and it does not work. I would like to stop using the yahoo page as you have to sign in all the time and now I find it will not find the page at all. If anyone knows how to do this, please could you detail this in simple terms. Aine

Pineman100 17:18 10 Jan 09

I'm not familiar with Thunderbird, but so long as it can import a .CSV file, then the transfer should be possible.

In Windows Mail, the Export function is on the File menu. You can export your messages and/or your contacts to a .CSV file. Then (assuming Thunderbird will do it) just import them from there.

aine 17:41 10 Jan 09

Tried to do how you suggested, did not work. made the list csv as suggested, found thunderbird, told to save. confirmed it had. could not find it. thanks for your suggestions. Aine

Pineman100 17:49 10 Jan 09

What do you mean 'told to save'?

If Thunderbird has an Import function, that's what you should be using.

Stuartli 17:59 10 Jan 09
  aine 18:17 10 Jan 09

I am afraid going through import in thunderbird, brings me back to the same position.When I go to windows mail, I cannot find the file name required to allow the import to continue,I cant go throughYahoo as I cannot get on to its page. Stuartli.I read through the link you suggested, It did not refer to moving contacts. Aine. ps I must be getting old or senile

Sea Urchin 18:37 10 Jan 09

You must export the Windows Mail contacts in .csv form - Tools/Contacts/File/Export and for ease of access save them to the Desktop.

Then go back to Thunderbird and the Import function, and browse to the desktop

Sea Urchin 18:40 10 Jan 09

You might find this link is relevant

click here

aine 18:59 10 Jan 09

This is all beyond me, i have tried both ways that sea urchin suggested, got lost both times.

Stuartli 21:38 10 Jan 09
  aine 13:13 11 Jan 09

Many thanks chaps for all your help. I have decided to stay with win mail and tru to sort yahoo. T links shown refer to email movements rather than contacts. I will start a new thread concering yahoo Regards Aine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…