Importing Audio from dictaphone

Big Scott 19:48 08 Apr 03

Guys I have just bought a digital dictaphone that can store up to 90 mins audio, however it is the cheaper model thst does not come with USB connections and software, however I was pointed in the direction of PC World to buy a cable with jacks with 2 plugs..one to plug into the earpiece on the dictaphone and then the other end into the headphone socket on my laptop...on opening audio properties and testing hardware I can get it to play thru my laptop speakers...however does anyone know of a free software package that will open this audio file automatically and allow me to save it and ultimately copy to a cd...

Thanks,

Scott.

Magik™ 19:53 08 Apr 03

musicmatch jukebox, will do it and more,and it is free.with a built in cd burner.

Big Scott 14:45 09 Apr 03

Thanks Magik,

good package...but can you or someone else help with this...

When I record straight from my microphone into audio recording software and playback it is perfect...however when I link my dictaphone to my laptop via a cable and record, the recording is clear and audible but a very annoying hiss in the background...any suggestions or do I just have to live with...I should say that it is a digital dictaphone and records and plays back with excellent quality..

Thanks in anticipation.

Scotty.

Big Scott 14:46 09 Apr 03

Magik,

also free version cannot burn to CDs..

Scott.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…