Importing addresses into Outlook

IClaudio 17:10 08 Jul 03

I recently suffered a dead hard drive, but viewed the catastrophe as God's warning to me to clear out all the accumalated @*#+ - I can live without most of the stuff, but I'd like to get my addresses back. I'd been a good boy ;-) and exported my addresses from Outlook 2000 some weeks before to a safety Zip. Now, when I try to import them back into Outlook, I have no luck. I can open the file in Excel (it's csv format), but despite following all the Help instructions and my own common sense (dwindling fast nowadays....) nothing happens.

For example, there doesn't appear to be an 'Import from Outlook' option, only 'Import from Outlook Express' - don't know if this is the prob? I've searched the archives and discovered that many people have the problem, but there doesn't appear to be a solution offered anywhere.

TIA for any help

barrie_g 17:29 08 Jul 03

Or, copy them to a folder on your desktop, open outlook (not full screen) go to contacts, open the folder on your desktop and drag and drop into contacts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…