importing address book as .wab file

greybeard 22:47 16 Mar 08

I'm trying to help a friend retrieve her address book from a defunct laptop that ran xp2, and copy it onto a cd so that she can install it on her new one which runs vista.
I have her old hdd connected as an external drive to my laptop where I'm running xp2, and can access her OE files ok.
I tried to export her wab file as a csv file onto a cd which seemed to work ok.
However when I checked it, I discovered that it seems to contain an amalgamation of my address book and hers !
I have also copied across the original wab file, but I don't know if it's possible to import this into vista as a new book.
Currently her address book is empty, so it doesn't matter if it overwrites anything.
I'd appreciate any advice, like "yes, you can install from a wab file", and how to sort out my own ****** book .
Regards
John

MAJ 23:09 16 Mar 08

Try this, greybeard, it might seem like you're going round the houses, but it might work. I don't use Visat but I assume it handles CSV files.

Create a new Identity in your OE for your friend, that should give you a clean Address book in that new Identity. Then Import her backed up wab file to that new identity. Check the Address book in that Identity to see if it has been imported. Then Export it to a CSV and see if Vista will accept that CSV file.

Sea Urchin 23:12 16 Mar 08

Hopefully should help

click here

greybeard 21:44 18 Mar 08

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how and when it works out.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac