Importing Account and Address Book From Out Look into Thunderbird

RobCharles1981 21:26 PM 20 Oct 11

I've just installed Windows 7 and I'm going to be using Thunderbird as my Email Client.

I was on XP and made a back up of my account settings and address book and Email Settings.

I've Successfully imported my Email settings into Thunderbird but a niggle is happening when I'm attempting to import my addresses and settings:

"An Error Occurred While Importing Settings" (Account Settings)

"An Error Importing Address Book"

How do I go about this?

Woolwell 22:35 PM 20 Oct 11

Do you mean Outlook Express address book or Outlook contacts?

RobCharles1981 23:13 PM 20 Oct 11

The 1st One.

Woolwell 23:22 PM 20 Oct 11

Not done that but this may help OE to Thunderbird

RobCharles1981 23:38 PM 20 Oct 11

I need more suggestions from someone that uses Thunderbird.....

RobCharles1981 10:28 AM 21 Oct 11

This helped me fine

Need to work out how I import my account settings into Thunderbird.

Woolwell 12:51 PM 21 Oct 11

Glad that you are fixed. I use Thunderbird as a secondary e-mail client on my laptop. It is OE that I haven't used for many years. With Thunderbird I found it easier to put in my account settings manually.

RobCharles1981 16:37 PM 21 Oct 11

Cheers - How do I get my Account Settings into Thuderbird? If I have the other config files Outlook Express is there a way round this?

Woolwell 19:15 PM 21 Oct 11

I did it manually (no import). I think that you may have a snag not having OE on the system anymore so you cannot export from OE

RobCharles1981 19:36 PM 21 Oct 11

I was able to look on google for ways to look at the iaf settings file and got the settings there.

I got the settings configured but one of the accounts has a problem

with one of the accounts "Sending Of the password did not succeed" and I know its the right password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11