imported backup pst but still gets emails

djbenny 19:53 30 May 10

imported my backup pst as n i have transferred to new computer, but when i click send/recieve it attempts to re-download everything, is there a way to stop this?

awest3 20:04 30 May 10

You should be able to go to the server upon which the emails are held and delete them there. I do just that on m Sky email acount. Logon through the web that is.!

djbenny 20:52 30 May 10

i dont want to do that though, i guess i could archive them, but there must be a way todo this

Sea Urchin 21:13 30 May 10

If you don't delete them off the server the system will eventually grind to a halt.

djbenny 21:18 30 May 10

what system will grind to a halt?

there should be no reason to delete them though

Sea Urchin 21:46 30 May 10

There is a limit to the number of emails that can be held on the Sky server - when that limit is exceeded you will no longer be able to access the account.

djbenny 21:48 30 May 10

im not using sky server, my email i cabn have unlimited emails thats not a problem im talking about outlook!

Sea Urchin 22:10 30 May 10

You said you have a Sky email account. All emails are loaded on to the Sky server, and then downloaded from there into Outlook. You say "it attempts to re-download everything"

Where do you think those messages are coming from? From the Sky server.

djbenny 22:17 30 May 10

that was not me that said about the sky server it was awest3, my emails are coming from my private email server.

buit i have a new computer and installed outlook 2007 copied across the pst file so everything had reloaded into outlook but then when i click send a recieve it attempts to get all the emails again

Sea Urchin 22:22 30 May 10

Same principle applies - you need to make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is NOT checked in Outlook 2007. This shows you how:

click here

djbenny 22:24 30 May 10

but i want a copy of the emails on the server i like to have this as a backup plus then i can access my emails online anywhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple