Important DNS problem with CNAME records...

Gaz 25 17:51 08 Feb 06

Hi,

I was using Hn.org, because basically I have an address like loadbalance.loadbalancedomain.com which has a list of A records for about 8 routers, which forward the traffic then onto the servers. Reason for this, loadbalancing, etc.

Now, basically - the problem is... i have an address, mydomain.com which has a cname to loadbalance.loadbalancedomain.com and a click here to loadbalance.loadbalancedomain.com as well as a * cname to loadbalance.loadbalancedomain.com

However, click here works, joe.mydomain.com works... BUT... mydomain.com doesn't.

It won't work, because you HAVE to have an A record for the qualified domain to work, otherwise it violates RFC, so BIND won't accept it..

Ok, so try Xname.org. They use BIND, so no use.

I bought Simple DNS server, 5 zone, this didn't work as well, all required A records... and then... tried the Win server 03 DNS, same...

So hn.org did a simple cname, but NO other dns server or service can get mydomain.com, you MUST have www. infront, or a subdomain of mydomain.com for it to work..

Most people don't put www.

So, how can I get my site back to how it was with hn.org?

Thanks in advance.

So I added a

Softstag 23:53 08 Feb 06

I'm not sure this is the best forum for asking questions about DNS. This is complex stuff, and I doubt many people here will have experience of DNS, never mind load balancing.

Have you tried click here ZoneEdit offer some excellent DNS features, mostly for free. I use them for my website. I know they allow load balancing and configuring multiple A records and a CNAME record.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…