Important changes to the Desktop PC.....

Mind-Meld 06:56 27 Nov 04

Hello all

I’m considering buying a high spec pc soon, mainly for gaming and intensive internet use.

However before I do so does anyone know if there are to be any important developments to the pc (mainly on the hardware side) that are worth waiting for, say in the next 3-6 months.

I don’t mean the normal ongoing improvements in processor speed or Ram which will always occur and which I can accept. I’m referring to important, fundamental improvements, recent examples might include the Ati radeon x800xt graphics card, pci express or socket 939 architecture etc.

I’d hate to get up the morning after I get my pc to open a copy of Pc Advisor and find ‘the next big thing’ isn’t on my pc! :`-(

All comments welcome.

Cheers :-)

M-M

AndySD 07:01 27 Nov 04

PCI Express and Motherboards with duel PCI Express so with NVIDIA cards you will be able to run two at the same time are due out for AMD cpu's very soon.

Mind-Meld 17:39 27 Nov 04

Bump

Thanks Andy

Mind-Meld 17:39 27 Nov 04

Bump

Thanks Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…