The importance of ADSL filters

karmgord 21:56 13 Aug 08

NOT a problem but just a note to say that just changing my ADSL filters for quality Speedtouch filters from the cheap supplied filters I get an increase in speed of 1mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAT ALAN 21:59 13 Aug 08

Thats a fair old jump, might consider it meself, even if it doesn't work having new won't hurt..

karmgord 22:19 13 Aug 08

only paid £5 inc postage off ebay,best purchase ever

woodchip 22:23 13 Aug 08

Don't think it will do nothing for me as I can get upto 7Mb on a 8Mb connection

FatboySlim71 22:29 13 Aug 08

I got some of these filters a while back, they are well respected and also has been arguable the best around.

click here

€dstowe 05:41 14 Aug 08

Seems odd. ADSL filters are necessary for the analogue side of the phone system to remove the high digital frequency from the ordinary phone signal. They are nothing to do with the digital (broadband) part.

FatboySlim71 07:52 14 Aug 08

"Seems odd. ADSL filters are necessary for the analogue side of the phone system to remove the high digital frequency from the ordinary phone signal. They are nothing to do with the digital (broadband) part."

Interference on the line can harm your connection and as such this interference can affect the "DownStream Connection Speed" i.e. The highest possible broadband speed that you could possibly receive.

Halmer 12:01 14 Aug 08

:-{

rawprawn 12:16 14 Aug 08

Like woodchip, I also get up to 7 MB on a 8 MB connection. I really cannot see that they will make any difference to your connection speed.
It depends mostly on the distance you are from the local exchange, and how much your ISP "throttles" it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…