Import Word Table into Outlook Contacts?

fruityfj 12:59 02 Aug 03

I have inherited a large database in Word that I need to export to an Outlook Contacts format. Can anybody give me a quicker way than cutting & pasting each invidual entry? It'd take days!
Each contact is in a Word Table consisting
-Surname, First Name
-Position
-Name of Firm
-Address Line 1
-Address Line 2
-City
-County
-Postcode (in some cases more than one of these last 3 are on one line)
-Country
-Tel
-Fax
-Email
-Website

Most grateful if anybody can help save me some hours.
I'm using XP Pro (SP1) & MS Office XP - specifically Outlook 2002,Excel 2002 etc
Freddie Meynell

rawprawn 13:41 02 Aug 03

I don't know if a database is different, but have you tried Outlook contacts/file/ import This brings up a wizard and you can choose what you want to import.In fact it gives database as an option.

Webmaster 14:18 02 Aug 03

Just an idea but maybe you could import the data in to an MS Access database and then, in turn, import that database into Outlook. I say this because I'm not sure whether Outlook can import from Word directly. :-/

fruityfj 15:43 02 Aug 03

Thanks for the thoughts - have tried Outlook Import Wizard but didn't seem able to cope with more than one 'field' in one Table line. But it IS complicated (the wizard) & I may well have read it wrong. I'm useless at Access but I'll give it a go.
Thanks again
Freddie

Peter 15:58 02 Aug 03

You could try converting the table in Word to text using commas as separators and save it as a text file with the .csv extension. Outlook may be able to import comma separated files. Just a thought; it might save some time.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…