Import windows mail into outlook express

Rob_08 18:15 15 Jan 09

Hello.
I am done testing Windows 7 now and want to go back to XP , problem is i have a lot of emails which i cant import back into Outlook Express from my Windows Mail backup folders.
how do i do it ?
Thank you.

BurrWalnut 18:23 15 Jan 09

In Win7, navigate to the normal location of the Windows Mail boxes. If you haven’t moved it to a different location, it is the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local Folders then Inbox, Sent Items, etc.

Copy the .eml files (not other files such as winmail.fol) to an external device (or use a network).

Create a folder in Outlook Express (File > New > Folder named, say, Old Inbox), which will initially receive the copied files. Close Outlook Express. Now open both Outlook Express and the folder containing the .eml files and arrange the windows side by side.

Select (highlight) all the .eml files and drag them (strangely, Copy and Paste will not work) to Outlook Express, either to the new folder name in the left pane or to the folder contents in the right pane. Now open Old Inbox and drag the contents to your usual Inbox.

Rob_08 18:27 15 Jan 09

Thanks BurrWalnut.
Thats easy enough to do.
I am surprised no one has created an easy to use tool which can import/export from one to the other simply. Lots of people need to do this.
Its easy to import O.E messages to Mail, but not the other way round.... Yet (grin)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced