Import image into photoshop

j18psf 16:06 15 Feb 05

hi

This may be a very easy thing to do, but i cant get my head around inserting an existing image (a school logo)into the school banner that i am creating.

I am using photoshop CS.

I have tried opening the logo and trying to copy and paste it in but that doesnt work.

Any suggestions would be great.

Paul

slowhand_1000 17:16 15 Feb 05

Open the image and then go

Select/All

Then Edit/Copy

Then Edit/Paste into your new document.

Taran 17:18 15 Feb 05

Copy and paste should work fine and unless you are using some odd file formats I see no reason why it isn't working.

Open up the main image in Photoshop CS.

Copy the other image file as follows:

right click on the file and left click on copy

Back in Photoshop CS, either clicking on Edit and then Paste or pressing the Ctrl and V keys (this is the paste keyboard shorcut) should dump one image into a new layer over your existing, open image.

If it doesn't, try creating a new, blank or plain white Photoshop image and then paste both of your other images onto it in turn. Once you have it/them on the background you can manipulate at will.

Post again if you get stuck.

Taran 17:19 15 Feb 05

The only way I can se this not working is if you are playing with two very dissimilar file types.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…