Import Hm addresses to GM ??

frenchman96 16:15 13 Apr 10

My friend wants to import his Hotmail addresses to his contacts in Google mail that I have set him up with.

I am told to use a CSV file? but instructions how were not given, any advice please

kdt 21:15 13 Apr 10

go to hotmail account...right hand side click options...more options...window will open look for export contacts...save to documents....go to gmail..options/settings...import contacts..browse to show the saved file in documents to import...regards

frenchman96 09:19 14 Apr 10

kdt

i have followed you very clear prompts but each time I type in that stupid arrangement of letters, it is rejected, tried about 6 times.

kdt 11:48 14 Apr 10

hotmail on the right hand side there is options. click it then small window will open which will show more options. click more options new page will open. bottom of the page is export contacts. click that will create csv file...save file to my documents. go to googlemail or gmail. right hand side you will see settings. click settingss will open page...next to general tab will be import tab which will guide you to import hotmail csv file from my documents...regards

kdt 11:50 14 Apr 10

do you mean windows asking you to verify you are the account holder before letting you make csv file? type exactly what you see on the screen...there might be CAPITAL LETTERS WITH NUMBERS IN BETWEEN OR small letters...some bold..type what you SEE.

frenchman96 16:30 14 Apr 10

kdt

I will try again to update my position.

Firstly, this quest is for a friend of mine who I have converted to Gmail and he wants to import his contacts from his Hotmail a/c.

To learn how to help him, I have followed your instructions, and done a Google and I will list my progress.

1-i have opened a hotmail a/c for myself.
2-i have inserted my daughters address in my HM contacts.
3-i have done the options/more options/export contacts/type jumbled letters/I am then asked to open/save.
4-bT DOING EITHER, IT OPENS A SPREADSHEET?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now