import address book in Outlook express

Jayne doe 13:40 27 Jan 04

How do you import the address book in Outlook express from one hard drive to another, does anyone know please? I fitted the new drive and imported the messages ok but I cant get to import the address book. On the import command I choose Import address book and it asks for the location of the WAB file but I cant see it anywhere on the old drive. Thanks.

Taff36 13:42 27 Jan 04

I think it`s a hidden file anyway. You need to do a search on the drive but to search hidden files & folders. What OS are you using?

Jayne doe 13:47 27 Jan 04

Taff36 thanks for reply its win XP pro. I got the messages I wanted ok just cant find the address book to import and as there are in excess of 300 addresses I dont want to retype them all. I will now try what you say thanks.

Gemma 13:50 27 Jan 04

click here has an archive of it's Bootcamp features. Currently they are looking at the OE challenge (it is not easy).

You may have to register for the service. Follow the links to Rick Maybury's piece. Today it is part 2 of 3, so you will have to wait until next Tuesday for the final episode.

Taff36 13:54 27 Jan 04

Control Panel>Folder Options>View tab and under advanced settings select show hidden files and folders.

Then do the search in Explorer as normal but select the option to search all hidden files and folders.

Jayne doe 13:54 27 Jan 04

No luck still cant find it. :>(

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:12 27 Jan 04

Should be in c:/programfiles/outlook express folder if your hd is c: that is.

Regards.

wildrover 14:35 27 Jan 04

Try navigating to it via my computer or windows explorer rather than import in OE. May then be able to move it to the correct folder on what I presume is the new c drive?
I think the address book in OE 5 and 6 is dificult to move (unlike OE4) , not least because it is attached to identities. if you are the only user it might be OK.
Have a look at Inside OE to see if you can find anything to help here. click here

Jayne doe 14:39 27 Jan 04

Thanks nickname but although I can see it in F prog files, outlook express WAB I cant see it when I go to import into the C drive. And if I open it to look its empty its only showing whjats on the C drive for some reason. Honest try it. Ive fitted a new drive and am transferring the stuff over I want and Im trying to import the address book from the old (C)now F drive to the new C drive. But its proving impossible. Thanks for input

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:42 27 Jan 04

Have u tryied copy and paste to a knew location
say to floppy or a new part of disk c?

Regards.

Jayne doe 14:47 27 Jan 04

Hi again but I cant see the contents. If I look in C prog files OE6 then Wab it shows exactly the same as F Prog files OE6 WAB. Im currently looking at a private email that says you have first to reinstall the old harddrive and use the export function to put the WAB file on the C drive then swop drives over again to import from that location. I actually understand what she says it will just take some time. Thanks for trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac