*.IMG

K*B 18:20 14 Mar 11

Friends, I downloaded an application which shows on my desktop as a *.IMG file. I understand that this is an image of the application and that it needs to be "expanded" onto a CD and then installed on a pc, right? How does this work out and how do I expand a *.IMG file onto a CD? Is it the same as burning this *.IMG file onto a CD using Nero? What exactly is involved in converting/translating a *.IMG file into a *.exe file on a CD? I don't know what to do with my download. Someone help please. Thanks.

woodchip 18:30 14 Mar 11

click here_(file_format)

to unzip you could may be use this click here

K*B 10:53 16 Mar 11

Thanks woodchip, I burned the downloaded application image (*.IMG/*.ISO) onto a CD using a burning software. This software used the image (*.IMG/*.ISO) file to recreat the application as a .exe file on the CD which I then installed on my Vista laptop. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…