iMesh on my task bar

DAKAR 18:13 PM 22 Jun 11
Answered

Hi All Today I downloaded a program called iMesh to get some keyboard music scores but then found it was not what I wanted so I uninstalled the program in control panel,but it seems it has placed its self on my tool bar and altered my home page,I have tried a few things but cannot get rid of it,so if anyone has any ideas as to how I can get it uninstalled it will be greatly appreciated,My system is xp sp3 Regards Dakar

johnnyrocker 19:53 PM 22 Jun 11

have you tried revo?

johnny

birdface 20:24 PM 22 Jun 11

Looks like it may be Malware.Download MalwareBytes update and run that to see if it finds any problems.

DAKAR 20:53 PM 22 Jun 11

Hi jonnyrocker and hello buteman, I have tried revo earlier today and removed Imesh from the hard drive and I have just finished running Malware bytes I just cannot remove it from the tool bar. Any other ideas Thanks Dakar

birdface 21:13 PM 22 Jun 11

Try msconfig and see if it is on start up on that and untick it.

It may come under a different name so look for a name you do not recognise.

birdface 21:16 PM 22 Jun 11

If using I/E or Firefox look in add-ons and if it is on there remove it or disable it.

DAKAR 22:53 PM 22 Jun 11

Thanks buteman You were absolutely spot on I found and removed the tool bar in Fire Fox add ons. By the way where is the resolved box gone now Kind regards Dakar

ams4127 23:22 PM 22 Jun 11

Just click on the "Thumbs up" sign on the right of the post with the best answer.

birdface 23:57 PM 22 Jun 11
Answer

There should be greyed out ticks on the right of your thread.Just click on one till it turns green and thats it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites