Imaging on Windows XP

poogles_uk 08:44 28 Jul 04

On a computer im setting with windows xp there is no imaging like on Win 2K and previous. So i copied the files from a win 2k machine and the dll it wanted, but when i run it i get the error 'The Image Admin Control cannot be found, Reload Imaging'

Any ideas what this is? And how i can sort this out. As it is needed for an A3 Scanner

ventanas 08:55 28 Jul 04

If you mean the Kodak Imaging program, this is not included with XP. I believe this point was answered in a Helproom query in the mag a few months back but I don't have it with me here. Perhaps someone else can recall it. From memory I think the advice given was don't try it, but could be wrong.

poogles_uk 08:57 28 Jul 04

Hmph, what can i use for free that will do the same job?

anchor 09:37 28 Jul 04

This will do the job, and a lot more; free too!

click here

poogles_uk 09:41 28 Jul 04

Great, some teaching to be done!!

I wanted imaging so that i didn't have to reshow people how to use the scanner. Never Mind

Thanks

Sam

Chegs ® 11:01 28 Jul 04

Its possible to add Imaging from 98se to XP.I posted the howto in Helproom awhile back using a small d/l from a german site.I will hunt thru my previous threads for this one,but its going to take me ages as I'm nearly upto 3000 logins. :-)

Chegs ® 11:11 28 Jul 04

click here

Unfortunately,PCA have had a clearout of old threads and I can no longer go that far back.Instead,I used google and found this,hope it helps.

ventanas 14:05 28 Jul 04

I have found the item. It was in the June issue of the mag. But not much point in copying it here as it says exactlty the same as the site in chegs link.

One think the PCA answer does say though. Do not use a 98 version. Doesn't mention 98se.

Chegs ® 16:24 28 Jul 04

My original post described how to do this with a 98se cd.I had to d/l a file from a german website and the app had all its buttons in german too,but it worked no bother.It allowed me to use my scanners features in XP,that the Scanner&Camera wizard wouldn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…