images too big for website

joeltr 16:35 16 Mar 04

about six months ago i created a website with windows just to put images on there to show family and friends, i have put many photos on the site, deleted when full and then fill it again all with no problems atall, yesterday i used windows wizard to put some more on, only six pics, it took ages to complete, and when i went to the site the pics were behind what looks like a beach scene with a sandman and a clock reading ten past four, i clicked on one and the image is massive with the blue bar below and to the right to view, i put some of my original pics on just to see, and they were the normal viewing size,i recently purchased photoplus 8 from serif, i was wondering if this is in anyway to blame, any solutions please, thanks in advance, joel

Bagsey 16:45 16 Mar 04

I am assuming here that you are using a digital camera to get you photos. If so have you changed the reolution of the images that it takes. The higher the quality the bigger the file size and of course the image size. You really should not need any image bigger that 640X480 pixels to go onto the web page. Bige file take a long time to load and dont really improve the image quality when displayed. So use a photo editing software such as Paintshop Pro to resive you images for web use. You dont need the latest PSPro for that and will be able to find an older version as a freebie if you look at some of the magazine discs.

joeltr 16:56 16 Mar 04

thanks for that Bagsey, i think i have sorted it out, i have just tried to do it again, exactly the same procedure and its worked as normal, may just have been a glich, regards, joel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…