Images and Thumbnails in Windows Explorer

bathjobby 17:55 09 Dec 04

Anyone know the relationship between an image file and its thumbnail ? I'd assumed that the file was read and the thumbnail dynamically created when I select to view with Thumbnail or Slideshow option. The point being that I have a file which only about 5% of the image shows in the thumbnail but the image file is intact and can be fully 'previewed' or viewed. Any ideas ? N.B. it is almost 47mb in size but I have others larger than that which don't exhibit this 'problem'. More of a nusiance than anything but curious to understand. Have refreshed the image file from another source (CD) but still the same. Thumbnail of CD is ok.

Dorsai 18:46 09 Dec 04

Right click on the thumbnail in question, and from the menu try the 'refresh thumbnail' option, and see if this helps.

If that does not help, open the containing folder, locate the file called 'thumbs.db' and delete it. close the folder and re-open it.

bathjobby 23:15 09 Dec 04

The refresh thumbnail (I didn't know it existed) fixed it. Many thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…