Images not being recieved from a particular sender

SparkyJack 11:47 AM 20 Jun 11

One of my flock reported that a recipient of his E-mail complained they were not seeing any image allegedly sent.

When I checked- [I asked him to send me a mail with an image-] I did not get the images either ,just the familiar frame with a greyed out icon,

Images normally appear in this chaps mail-

It would appear than that something his end has changed - But what?

Woolwell 12:28 PM 20 Jun 11

Is he receiving html or plain text and sending in plain text?

Which e-mail client?

Diemmess 13:37 PM 20 Jun 11

^

SparkyJack 17:42 PM 20 Jun 11

Well that's my thinking as I mentioned in my post and to him in a response and all here that some how he has managed to 'knock off' a setting - No response yet.

I do seem to recall this was a common complaint a long time ago- not so much these days.

In PCA's old style we could do a data base search Is it still possible?, havn't found out to so far or perhaps this is something we have loast

SparkyJack 17:58 PM 20 Jun 11

Well now he has responded as I wrote, to report that other contacts also say -' Where is the pix'

I note that he is a Hotmail user -perhaps something to do with the site - though he wrote that there seemmed to me no 'Help' assistance he could find.

Sea Urchin 23:22 PM 20 Jun 11

Images sent in Hotmail have to be attachments - they won't transmit in the body of the email. And it would be interesting to know how he managed to paste the image into the mail - it's often not possible to do so.

This explains more fully

Embedded images

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…