Images on hard drive

donmar 20:19 17 May 03

I installed 'made safe companion' on my machine and found hundreds of images on my HD.I tried shredding them using this prog. but they are still there. Some of them come from my camera,family etc. which I thought I had deleted after printing to save space,but I have no idea where most of them came from.None of them are objectionable but they take up space.Is there any way to remove images from a computer?
I have win me aol 8. Sys. restore is off and I have 'Go Back' instead.I have tried deleting the go back history,fine, but the images are all still there.Help.Don.

jazzypop 21:53 17 May 03

go to Start > Search (or Find), enter jpg

Do the same for bmp, then gif

This will find most of them. Select them and delete, then empty your recycle bin.

I would suggest that you only delete ones that you know that you have saved yourself, to avoid deleting images that might be needed by Windows or your programs.

woodchip 22:02 17 May 03

As jazzypop But type in find files box *.jpg or *.BMP and so on

woodchip 22:03 17 May 03

PS double click the file to look at it then if you do not want it delete it

donmar 09:58 18 May 03

Thanks to jazzypop and woodchip.Deleted the files I do not need.Don

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…