images doing strange things-new user.

jack 08:33 20 Sep 05

A new user asked my help bacause images were doing strange things[or the other way round]
On listening to Him&Her- [one machine dual users]
and looking at what there was on the machine I am to say the least a little perplexed at what they had been doing on some of the things - although I was able to correct the situation for them in one instance
In image manipulation they use Picassa.
The following happened for them.
In a given batch of images, following editing they wound up in the folder each with the same name- although were still individual images when opened.
Similarly- in another folder all thumbnails appeared with the same image- although when opened revealed the true image.
In the first instance I was able to show them the right click- rename routine
The second instance was-is still a puzzle to me
So what is happening here?

recap 10:57 20 Sep 05

This just may be a problem with the particular program they are using. Try pressing F5 to refresh the screen to see if it show the images as they should be. If there isn't a repair feature within the program try unisntalling and reinstalling the program. Reboot after the uninstall.

jack 11:58 20 Sep 05

Thanx for that suggestion when I see them again[When I get a panic call] Will see what is what.
Meanwhile will leave this open.
Picassa is a popular editor now- more glitches may show.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…