Images in .dat format

rawprawn 07:27 12 Sep 06

I have reeived 2 images by email in .dat format. Is there a way to see them.

terryf 07:32 12 Sep 06

google for answer

VoG II 07:43 12 Sep 06

click here (possibly).

rawprawn 07:55 12 Sep 06

I have tried google without success, if you know the answer could you be more specific please.

rawprawn 07:59 12 Sep 06

I have tried following your link, and I downloaded and tried "winmail opener" with no luck. I could email the sender and ask him to send in jpeg format, but he was the guest speaker at a dinner last night and I don't really want to bother him.
Any other ideas?

Sethhaniel 08:24 12 Sep 06

G'day
Thought Irfanview may hale as they support a whole range of goodies in their tucker bag -
ie allows IrfanView to read some rare image formats. (Formats: PSP, G3, RAS, BioRAD, Mosaic, XBM, XPM, GEM-IMG, SGI, RLE, WBMP, TTF, FITS, PIC, HDR, WAD, WAL, DNG, EEF, NEF, ORF, RAF, MRW, DCR, SRF, PEF, X3F, CAM, SFW) Bt yours seems to be missing ;(
well back to drawing board ;)

rawprawn 08:32 12 Sep 06

G'day, yes I have tried Infranview and also Fastone Image Viewer but neither of them rcognise .dat

Sethhaniel 08:34 12 Sep 06

changing the extension to .jpg or .gif to see if it would open ??? ;)

rawprawn 08:39 12 Sep 06

Yes I can't. In properties it is described as a
Video CD Movie and it tries to open in WMP. I think I will just have to email him as they are photos of a presentation.

Sethhaniel 08:48 12 Sep 06

click here

ABView digital media software offers support for 72 popular files formats:

Video formats : mpg, mpeg, mpe, m1v, mp2, mpv2, mp2v, mpa, mov, avi, fli, flc, cel, gif, dat, asf, asx, wm, vod, wmv, wvx, ivf

see 'dat' among the list ;)

rawprawn 09:11 12 Sep 06

Would you believe it, when I tried to download, I get page unavailable!! I will try it again later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…