Images on a CD not accessible

Dannyb 16:37 21 Feb 06

Whilst in Australia recently visiting our son, he burned the images my wife took on her digital camera to a CD so that she could clear her card and take more pictures. However, now we have got home and try to loo at them I keep getting the message "D:| is not accessible. The handle is invalid." Does anybody know what this means and how we can get to the pictures, (it is a CDR) and we are using XP home as our operating system. Thanks.

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:01 21 Feb 06

Have you got MCAfee antivirus installed.

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:08 21 Feb 06

There is a program called ISObuster that may help if all else fails.
click here

Dannyb 20:37 21 Feb 06

I have not got McAfee installed. Tried to download ISOBuster from your link but couldn't as I am not registered with the site. I have however downloaded it from another site but I still get the same message when I try to access the CD

Kev.Ifty 00:12 22 Feb 06

Hi the first thing I might do is contact your Son to see if the photos are still on his PC.

If yes, Could He Email them to you? Or Drag and Drop (paste) them to Cd? Then post the Cd. Pasting them to Cd may eliminate a software problem.

click here;EN-US;315350

Something to try though.. Right click the drive in My Computer goto PROPERTIES/ADVANCED Tab make sure 'Enable CD recording on this Drive' is ticked.

If your son used Roxio to burn the Cd. This could help. click here

I have got to say though.. I have no experience with this software and I don't know what downloading this program involves. I did searched for a free trial version, but can't find one ;-(

Bestwishes Kev.

Kev.Ifty 00:19 22 Feb 06

That first link should be... click here

Microsoft links? Now many times has VoG™ Told us? "TINYURL!!" ;-)

Cheers Kev

goffer23 09:33 22 Feb 06

How are the images stored on the CD - jpeg/tiff etc.?
Do you have an image editor? If so, try opening the image editor first, then access the CD.

Hertz Van Rentyl 09:37 22 Feb 06

I think you have an invalid drive letter, maybe your sons Burner was E or F and you are trying to access D. Can you change your drive letter and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017