Images appear too large

chesterfield 12:47 14 Jun 03

On two seperate occasions now ive emailed graphics files to people, who on trying to open or print the images have found them to be many times larger than they actually are. I know for a fact that the images are the size I intended them to be as I made them in Photoshop and checked the image size at all stages of production. Neither of the people who I sent these files to had Photoshop but I still cant work out why theyre appearing so much larger, especially when they print them out as this suggests its not just a magnification issue.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

woodchip 12:52 14 Jun 03

What size are you sending, if they are compressed then they will be bigger. If you send your e-mail by the little yellow envelope I will send you a pic about 145kb but when you open it it will be 1.5MB

chesterfield 13:01 14 Jun 03

im not with you im afraid!

chesterfield 13:08 14 Jun 03

Arent you talking about the file size rather than the image size?

woodchip 15:13 14 Jun 03

The file size JPG is about 145kb but when expanded in a photo Program it's about 1.5GB if you send by E-Mail Outlook Express it shows without opening the attachment as two big and you have to scroll the Pic but if they save the Attachment then open in photo Program they can adjust the size to fit. Ask how they are viewing the Photo's

woodchip 15:13 14 Jun 03

That should be 1.5MB not GB

powerless 15:15 14 Jun 03

What screen resolution are you running?

If theirs is different it will make the image bigger.

Jester2K II 15:17 14 Jun 03

Do you mean the file size in Kb, Mb, Gb or the physical image size (resolution)

If the later are the other running the same resiolution on their monitors as you??

Also can you be sure they are not printing them with extra options such as Fit Page, Print at 500% etc.

What exactly happens when you print them out and they print them out??

chesterfield 15:51 14 Jun 03

its probably quite likely that the people who are printing out these images have a screen with a lower resolution, but surely if both of us have our printers set to print the image at 100% this will make no difference?

When ive suggested that the image their looking at is larger I mean larger on the screen or when printed, not file size.

Jester2K II 15:54 14 Jun 03

A lower resolution will show the picture bigger on screen.

As for printing you need to look at all the settings. Is there a Fit To Page setting? This will blow the picture up to a full page even if the image isn't page size.

david4637 15:57 14 Jun 03

If you want to check out the above comments send one of the images to yourself by email, and see what you get? Regards David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…