Image Viewers

arnie30 06:46 12 Nov 06

Hi
Can anyone advise me on a good image viewer (pref free)which allows me to do simple edditting and batch conversions ie renaming etc..
I have used acdsee in the past and was happy with it however I would prefer to try one of the many free ones out there but unsure as to which one to choose.

Simsy 06:58 12 Nov 06

to beat Irfanview click here

It's only weakness is that you can't do much in the way of selecting things... It's a rectangle or nothing!

WHen it comes to batch converting it can't be beaten... you can convert almost any aspect, name,size, image type etc.

A lot of folk will recommend Picassa, from Google. I didn't get on with it myself, but you shouldn't read anything negative into that!

Also, another one cropped up on this forum recently, and I tried it, but I can't remember it's name!... It was something like "Faststone"

(For what it's worth, I'm a fan of ACDSee as well , and use that for viewing, Irfanview for batch converting, and PaintShopPro for "proper" editing.)

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 07:00 12 Nov 06

and it is called "faststone"

click here

Regards,

Simsy

€dstowe 07:05 12 Nov 06

I agree with Simsy.

Have a look at the FastStone viewer - I prefer it to Picassa now.

For editing, Irfanview is the one if you don't want to pay out money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…