Image problem, please help!!!

thesiege84 20:14 26 Dec 05

OK, so i made a new website and launched it to test it, however i have found that the images have white backgrounds on them. mmmm, i don't want that. can anyone help me. please have a look at these images on

click here

Is there a program that can get rid of these backgrounds and just keep the picyure without being placen in a square??

mco 23:09 26 Dec 05

for example in Microsoft Photo editor, my most basic one, you could go to 'set transparent colour' and then save it as a .gif file.

Forum Editor 01:24 27 Dec 05

and set the background as 'transparent' in your image-editing program. Then the backgrounds will be the same colour as the page background.

Incidentally, "You Have Nothing To Loose...."

should be:-

"You Have Nothing To Lose"

new2it 19:50 31 Dec 05

Can anyone explain how to set the background to transparent and the color to transparent using Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Thank you,

New2it

Taran 22:40 31 Dec 05

Which version of Elements ?

In the fully blown Photoshop you do this:

1. Open your file

2. Delete the background layer or any other layer, which has color showing in the background of your object (ignore if your only layer is the object you wish to keep visible)

3. Go to 'save for web' option in file menu

4. Choose GIF file format and select 'Transparent' check box in GIF options (GIF images support transparency while JPEG does not)

5. Save your file and check in picture preview browser.

I have Elements 4 and if the above does not work for you I can install it and run through it to post specific instructions.

Can you guess that I'm not an elements user ?

;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…