Image Mastering API

thamesside 09:30 28 Nov 07

I keep getting the message "Image Mastering API has encountered problems and needs to close"
This comes up when I first boot up and whenever I go near my dvd drive. A window invites me to send details to Microsoft bu this doed not produce any answers. I have looked around the Microsoft technical help without success. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Doug

Technotiger 09:38 28 Nov 07

Can't help you myself, but have a look through these ...

click here

thamesside 12:04 28 Nov 07

Thanks technotiger. I have dug around there for quite a while but couldn't find the answer.

thamesside 14:07 28 Nov 07

Thanks Marg7
That seems to tell me what it does. It doesn't seem to say what to do if it hits a problem. I have tried downloading a fresh copy but that didn't help. As it hits the problem at start up I suppose it is either a hardware problem or it is conflicting with one of the programs that loads at startup. Doesn't sound as though anyone else has had this problem.

drsusans 19:56 18 May 08

I am having this same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive and no luck. Did you ever solve your issue? If so, I would love to know how you did it.

thamesside 20:59 18 May 08

drusans
Oh dear. I haven't got the problem now but I am not sure what I did. I think I decided that I didn't need the program anyway so I just deleted it.

drsusans 22:30 18 May 08

The computer does say that the IMAPI imaging service is necessary to burn CD/DVDs. I found it in misconfig and it was "stopped" so I enabled it, but still no luck writing to my CD. I've been searching the internet by googling the error message, but I am just about at my wit's end.

What do you mean when you say you deleted the program? And now you can write to your CD/DVD with no problem?

Thanks for answering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now