image manipulation

1skinny123 14:39 22 Dec 08

I have done a quick search and didn't really find what i was looking for.

I have downloaded Gimp for the above uses and find it quite complicated to use and haven't got very far with it. Does anybody know of any other, simpler to use, free downloads.

thanks
skinny

johndrew 16:33 22 Dec 08

Gimp is good but I know what you mean about it being difficult when you start. I you can get to grips with it you will find it very good and it will get easier with practice.

However if you want to find something else, have a look here click here

alB 17:04 22 Dec 08

The free version of Photoplus from Serif might be worth a look click here ...alB

1skinny123 20:28 22 Dec 08

Thanks all, problem not resolved but i have plenty to go at.

skinny

recap 21:44 22 Dec 08

Gimp tutorial may help you 1skinny123 click here

skidzy 22:26 22 Dec 08

As an amateur photographer (hobby) i do not see and cannot justify something like Photoshop at this present time,though am considering click here

However,i do use Photoscape with good success click here

When you say manipulation ,what exactly do you mean ?

Regarding Gimp,i have also found this a struggle but am slowly getting the hang of it.

1skinny123 10:13 23 Dec 08

Inserting images into images, partial or whole and generally messing about with graphics and creating my own pictures.

David4637 16:10 23 Dec 08

If you are going to get into this, there is NO substitute for Photoshop / PS Elements.There is a learning curve, but then there will be one for Gimp. I use PS Version 7 which covers about 80% of PS CS. So for £60 or so you have an excellant imaging prog for life. David

polo 20:55 23 Dec 08

If you're new to photo editing ( manipulation I always think suggests some sort of guilty activity!) I would suggest you go to google and put in 'Picasa 3' and then download it. It's a great free image editing programme and relatively easy to use.

Wak 16:17 24 Dec 08

Google for PHOTOFILTRE.
This is also quite a good FREE photo program.

BT 07:56 25 Dec 08

..is an excellent FREE program for image manipulation.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac