Image isolation

ableddyn 15:38 03 Feb 03

Hi

I'm not too clever with image editors but I need to remove all background from images, leaving just the subject, that I need to post to my shop's website.
I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7 but can't see what I need to do. Does anyone have any sugestions or links to tutorials that might help? Thank you.

anchor 15:54 03 Feb 03
  BrianW 15:55 03 Feb 03

A simple way is to use the "lasso" tool set to "Smart Edge". Work your way around the image in short steps, clicking between each extension of the smart edge rectangle. When you have completely enclosed the subject double left click and this should close the smart edge perimeter. Copy this and the paste as "new image". This should do the trick but you can always trim the edges by zooming in and using a fine eraser. Have a look at Smart Edge in the Help file of psp7 to get more info. I use this technique a lot to cut out sections of images and hope it works OK for you.

britto 18:27 03 Feb 03

not sure about paint shop pro ,but in photoshop elements i like to select new from file and then transparency,paste image onto this then using eraser tool remove whatever you want. save it and
this can then be pasted to any background

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…