image hard drive

jamesd1981 22:30 26 Apr 09

im tired of having to reload all my software everytime i reinstall vista or format drive i have set my drive up exactly as i want it with all my programs could anyone tell ,e how i can make a loadable image of the drive so i can just load the whole thing back in instead of sitting for hours installing programs.

MAJ 22:43 26 Apr 09

Buy a copy of Acronis True Image, use it to create an image of your C: Drive, and you're good to go.

jamesd1981 22:54 26 Apr 09

maj do you know if paragon one click backup is any good i know sumdy with that program said they would lend it to me.

MAJ 23:06 26 Apr 09

I've never used it personally, jamesd1981, so I'm not sure how good it is or which options it offers.

jamesd1981 23:12 26 Apr 09

ok thanks maj acronis seems to be the top rated software but might try paragon first before i go buying acronis.

DieSse 23:51 26 Apr 09

If you have a Seagate drive in the system, you can use their free Disk Wizard.

Disk Wizard is actually a version of Acronis True Image - it's restricted in that it can only make full images (and clones), and not updates.

This will do exactly what you want to do - though a full version of Acronis is clearly better in the long run. I've been using version7 for some years now, and it's excellent.

jamesd1981 08:47 27 Apr 09

thanks diesse but my drive is a western digital might have to pay out for acronis. thanks

jamesd1981 22:46 28 Apr 09

just to let everyone know the best tool i found to image my c drive was a freebie called macrium reflect it worked perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…