image files cataloging

scrappy 09:36 06 Feb 03

Can anyone tell if there is an easier way of naming image files.I have tried numbering ie 1,2, 3 etc but when i reach 10 this appears after 1 and 20 appears after 2.Even if i use words ie pic 1 the numbering is still out of sequence.There must an easy less painful way of doing this.Any suggestions ?

Diemmess 10:05 06 Feb 03

Alphabetical rather than numerical will give you a few more before the problem recurs. Otherwise it is time to make a lot of extra folders named by date or something quick and findable.

BrianW 10:07 06 Feb 03

depends on how you want to retrieve them. I file mine under a subject / year sequence system.
So for my garden design files, the file is labelled "Garden-2003" for this year,
then the images are labelled within the file by month and number -
so this month is 02-001, 02-002 etc.
I actually use sub-files to locate where the garden is so in my specific case it could be File "Garden-2003", sub-File "Cranborne" then followed by the image sequence number "02-013". It works for me.
If I want to sort the images within the sub-files I can then do it by date which is what I want. This maybe something you can use?

leo49 11:04 06 Feb 03

Just get into the habit of numbering in a way your PC will understand,ie 001,002,etc. or 0001,0002,etc. Annnoyance disappears.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…