image fades to another image?

lonemascot 01:09 AM 12 Oct 09

on my website I want to be able to cycle through several pictures fading into each other on a continuous loop. I also only want them to do this when mouse hovers over the image and then stop when the mouse is moved away.

I use dreamweaver and fireworks.

Is there an easy way of doing this?

Cheers

Rigga 08:25 AM 13 Oct 09

> click here <

HTH. R.

lonemascot 11:31 AM 13 Oct 09

Looks like it should do the business. I thought i'd have a look at the example, get used to it and how it works etc then put my own pictures in its place. However, i have pasted the code into dreamweaver and when previewed, all i get is the toggle buttons with no images, which is strange because they are sourced from a url which is intact.

It says to download a .js file which i did. it won't open, so do i need to save it somewhere in for dreamweaver to source from it?

cheers

lonemascot 11:38 AM 13 Oct 09

dont worry. i clicked on the fadeslideshow.js text in the code view and changed the source to the file i downloaded.

all works as it should.

I was hoping to have a downloadable wizard that does this stuff in a jiffy but beggars be not choosers.

cheers for the link Rigga.but i'll make this work.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…