Image creation under XP

Paroxetine 08:30 06 Apr 04

Hi All,

I want to tidy up the PC and was going to do a reinstall of XP on one partition and all the applications on another, the aim being that I can then back up each drive to an image which will be small enough for a CD. Alternately so I can then split the file over a number of Cd's once I have the 'supposed ideal' set up. Since I upgraded from W2k I thought it would also help to clear things up and improve system performance by reducing junk files and such.

Would anyone be able to say how large XP and say, AV program, IE6, drivers and all 'required' files take up as an image? I would do as I normally do and place the applications on another partition.

Any help as always much appreciated.

P

powerless 08:36 06 Apr 04

** Would anyone be able to say how large XP and say, AV program, IE6, drivers and all 'required' files take up as an image? I would do as I normally do and place the applications on another partition. **

Piece of string figure = 4GB.

Paroxetine 08:37 06 Apr 04

good answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…