Image associations taken over

Mananin 17:20 18 Nov 08

On, or about, 3 Nov I downloaded a 30 day trial version of ACDSee digital image manager. I have other managers such as FastStone and Irfanview but I wanted to make a comparison.

Since then I find that all images on my comp no matter what folder they are in have an association with ACDSee. This is confirmed by looking at My Comp/Views/Folder Options/File Types

The prog is quite good but, as only 15 days of the trial period are left, I wonder what will happen to the file associations at the end of the trial period.

Will the association stay as ACDSee although the prog has terminated, or will the association revert to the previous (or some other) association?

OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Any comments would be apprecited.

Mananin

Graham. 17:54 18 Nov 08

Right click on an image, select Open with. Choose Default program. Tick 'Always use the selected program for this type of file'.

Of course, 'Always' means until you change it again.

Mananin 22:00 18 Nov 08

Thanks Graham. Will use suggestion.
Mananin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…