I'm thinking of buying a new pc, can any one help?

0011Joe 21:57 06 Nov 05

I want to buy a new pc specifically for gaming, i dont know that much about them really, i am looking at the Dell Dimension Xps, but any advice would be greatly apprechiated, thanks.

Strawballs 22:18 06 Nov 05

Never thought of building your own even if its from a barebones

alan227 23:19 06 Nov 05

How much do you want to spend?.

0011Joe 19:04 07 Nov 05

Yes, but i couldn't build a pc to save my life...so thats out ouf the question, thanks anyway. Roughly about £1000

Trackrat 19:18 07 Nov 05

Take a look at this site.

click here

FatboySlim71 19:23 07 Nov 05

Have a look on click here. I would recommend CUBE 247 as their customer service is excellent and their PC's are top notch they have gaming PC's on their site ,look at the reviews on PC Advisors web site they always get top marks in the Workbench tests, fair enough they are not the cheapest but they only use top quality parts and like anything in life you get what you pay for, also if you have any problems with them you can telephone them up and speak to someone who can help, I have found when I ring them that they are very very knowlegable. I have a friend who has a Dell PC and he says that their customer service stinks, he has told me that the call centre that you get through to is in India, my friend says its like banging your head against a wall trying to get any sense/help out of them. He also said he would not buy another Dell PC, as in his experience he says they are not the best or the most reliable PC by far.

0011Joe 19:46 07 Nov 05

Hi thanks for the help, fatboyslim or anyone else...which would you choose out of the Zuben ST2 and the Zenith ST3?

0011Joe 12:28 08 Nov 05
  Kenneth-266656 15:57 08 Nov 05

Don't know where you live - I'm out in the sticks a bit but still have a good assortment of small local companies that service and build pcs. Pick a recommended one where you can sit down with someone who knows what they're talking about and will listen to what you want - if the final spec seems good get a quote. The advantage is if things go wrong you can visit them and get advice face to face ( without having to go to India!)

GaT7 18:36 08 Nov 05

"Cancel that im sorted now.." - so what did you do or get? G

0011Joe 21:53 08 Nov 05

nothing yet! waiting for santa...lol, still any sugestions would be apprechiated! so keep them coming, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple