I'm looking for a monitor that...

Simsy 23:14 12 Nov 06

meets the following criteria...

19" TFT

Total cost, inc VAT and delivery approx £150-£160

Wont be used for gaming, but a "decent" performance spec.

A maker with some pedigree.

DSub connector

Built in USB ports/hub

Built in speakers, (just low quality is fine, to hear "bleeps" etc), would be nice, but not a deal breaker

It's the USB ports that seems to be rare... I've found this, click here , but though it makes mention of a digital connector I don't know if it has a dsub connector. I'll try and find out from eBuyer in the next day or so, but I thought I'd check here to see if any of you good folk can point me too anything else that meets the above.

If I leave the USB out then I'm spoilt for choice! Note that there's not much room to move on the budget!

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

User-312386 23:22 12 Nov 06

Just a quick question. Why does your monitor have to have USB?

Stuartli 23:27 12 Nov 06

Plenty of choice at Scan (but you will have to check re a USB hub) on its TodayOnly page:

click here

Simsy 00:35 13 Nov 06

for my dad, who's got knee problems. If there's USB sockets on the monitor, right in front of him, it's easier to plug in there than have to bend down to the machine. I know we can have a hub on a lead... but I'm trying to keep things tidy. As Monitors are available with USB, (as evidenced by my link), I'm just trying to see what else is available.

Funnily enoug Stuartli I'd been looking there just before seeking your post.

Thanks for your interest folks.

Anyone else know of something that meets my specs above?

Regards,

Simsy

Totally-braindead 01:11 13 Nov 06

That one you gave a link to does appear to have a D-sub connection if you click on more images.

I've very surprised you have found something that cheap with all that, admitedly the 12ms is not that great and its not really a top brand but its a decent spec if you're not into gaming.
Bit of a bargain I think.

Simsy 01:59 13 Nov 06

I didn't think to look at the pics! You're right, it does seem to have a dsub.

Definately no gaming so the 12ms is fine.

You say, "its not really a top brand". I have at least heard of them!.. It's not botom of the pile though... is it?

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 02:04 13 Nov 06

I've just realised someone does mention dsub connection in one off the on site reviews!

I guess I didn't do too well with my research there!

Anyway... anyone else out there come up with a similar match?

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…