I'm looking for a couple of Opera tips...

Simsy 17:39 03 Sep 05

Hi folks,

I'm a fan of, and have been a user of Opera for a long time. I even paid for it several years ago and have paid for upgrades...

I'm confortable with using it, but there are a couple of things that I suspect are possible, but I haven't managed to achieve. (And I've not found the answer of the Opera forums either...)

First... Is there a keyboard shortcut/combination to switch between open tabs?

Second... I've a lot of "favourites" on my personal bar. This, (deliberately), doesn't contain my chosen home page, (BBC), because, perhaps perversely, I don't actually use it much... When using the mouse, you can click the middle "button", (or wheel), on the mouse, on a site on the personal bar and it will open in a new page, but this doesn'e happen when clicking on the "home" icon. Is there something I can configure such that clicking on the "home" icon, using middle button, (or another?), that wil make hoem page open in a new window rather than the currently active one?

I hope this makes sense!

(I realise I can just make BBC one of the items on the pers bar... I'm space saving on this bar)

Regards,

Simsy

Stuartli 17:41 03 Sep 05

See Pesala's tutorials:

click here

Post yesterday orginally.

Simsy 18:04 03 Sep 05

ther is indeed some stuff there that is new to me, but, (unless I've missed it?), it doesn't cover what I seek.

Perhaps, of course, it's not possible!

Thanks anyway,

Regards,

Simsy

Chegs ® 18:55 03 Sep 05

To cycle thru open tabs,Ctrl+ (L & R)Arrow keys.I am busy elsewhere presently,but later on I will go and have a poke around in Opera 8,see just what I can suss out.(I had to ask Pesala howto setup "AutoRefresh" in it,as I thought it might have been missed in this version.I have been using 6/7 previously,until I discovered Avant)

Mikè 19:19 03 Sep 05

In Opera 8.02 (albeit in Linux) the '1' key cycles between all open tabs.

Mikè 19:21 03 Sep 05

Further to my above post, the'1' key moves left and the '2' key moves right.

Simsy 19:31 03 Sep 05

for that Mikè...

That's just what I wanted!

Anyone know the answer to the second?

Regards,

Simsy

octal 19:50 03 Sep 05

I've just been looking at my Opera, I can't seem to be able to make the homepage icon on the main tool bar work with middle mouse click either.

The only way I can get it to work is to View the personal tool bar and put the home page icon in there and it will middle mouse click from there.

What I usually do is to open a new page tab and click on the home page icon in the main bar.

Simsy 06:25 04 Sep 05

That's what I do at the moment as well octal.

Regards,

Simsy

Mr Mistoffelees 09:03 04 Sep 05

In Preferences under the advanced tab there is the option to "open new page next to active", I have that checked.

Simsy 09:35 04 Sep 05

but what that does is, literally, what it says, with the emphasis on "NEXT"...

if you have 6 pages open on different tabs, and say you are looking at the 2nd of three; with that box ticked a new page will become the 3rd whereas without it ticked it will become the 7th.
I'm looking for a single click way of opening the designated home page, in new page, without having it on the personal bar.

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…