im left without confidence.

bluebird 13:08 23 Apr 04

Last week i downloaded all the new windows updates. this caused my system to freeze every 8 minutes and after various attempts to solve the problem i had to do a system recovery using my XP rec disc. This was unsucessful as the recov disk kept freezing halfway through the process. An engineer came and replaced the hard drive and gave me some free memory. My question is i am having windows updates alert me to new dowloads etc but iv lost my confidence downloading them due to last weeks nightmare.Any advice as to which if any of these updates are essential for my pc any potential problems with them. Regards in advance

Diodorus Siculus 14:04 23 Apr 04

Well as (hundreds of?) thousands of PC runs without them, I would say that you can ignore them. But the fact that they are not installing would suggest some sort of problem.

Almost all updates for windows are avialable on a CD from MS click here
free of charge - it might be worth getting it, setting a restore point, and installing then. If it fails, use the restore point to go back to where you were.

mammak 14:24 23 Apr 04

Hi bluebird dont let it get you down to much'
as Diodorus Siculus says you can get a cd direct from MS' I received mine the other day' it took only a week to arrive' but you do need 500mb of available disk space during the installation.
Regards Mammak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…