"I'm a good friend" virus

Katie G 16:08 25 Mar 03

A friend's computer has just completely closed her down, seems to have lost all files, can't do any system checks and is coming up with "I'm a good friend" and "Happy Birthday" and a lot of "ha ha ha ha" messages. Can't get in to BIOS settings. She has Norton Utilities 2001 on and ZoneAlarm firewall. It may be her kids have opened an e-mail she doesn't know about that's started this off (?). Any ideas what it could be and what's the best thing to do? She uses freeserve and is trying to contact them also. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Belatucadrus 16:46 25 Mar 03

As you don't mention any existing anti virus software I would suggest going to click here and getting Ultimate boot disk and the anti virus scanner, it's at the bottom of the download window. You will need two 3.5" floppies, the anti virus runs from the disk, but has to be used in conjunction with the boot disk, as it isn't a stand alone version. If this clears the virus , install an anti virus prog with a resident shield :- click here
click here or
click here . Then run whatever you choose again to double check the system.

tileman 17:44 25 Mar 03

have a look on here might help but get an anti virus programclick here

tileman 17:44 25 Mar 03

have a look on here might help but get an anti virus programclick here

Belatucadrus 18:01 25 Mar 03

If it is YAHA, you could download click here the stinger romoval tool, this would get rid of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…