im getting a new netbook in march.

kieran1997 16:38 23 Jan 11

Hello im getting a new netbook in march with win 7 and i was wondering what programs i should install on it. Thanks

kieran

Marko797 16:41 23 Jan 11

on what you intend to use the machine for, wouldn't it?

GaT7 16:42 23 Jan 11

Install the ones you need / use. G

dms_05 16:52 23 Jan 11

First - use the Windows 7 Firewall and Microsofts Security Essentials to keep the netbook safe. They should be pre-installed but if they aren't just download them from the Microsoft site.

After that it's up to you! If you want to Word Process or use Spreadsheets then OpenOffice is a VERY good alternative to Microsofts Office and it's FREE.

Choose the Browser carefully. I use Opera on my Netbook (I'm using it now) but Chrome or Firefox are also alternatives to Internet Explorer.

Basically you can use most programmes but Netbooks are less powerful than most modern laptops so might struggle with graphics heavy applications. Try and see what works, uninstalling is easy enough if you don't like any of them.

kieran1997 17:28 23 Jan 11

thanks guys this has helped alot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…