I'm in deep doo doo

tried to install modem on a friends second hand computer. while the top was off i decided to remove the password in bios by the jumper on the mobo. now the comp justs sit there, monitor flashing a led, does the bios need flashing? and whats the quickest plane to south america :(

-pops- 14:17 19 Aug 03

This may appear obvious but did you return the mobo jumper to where you got it from?

yep even took battery out left it for a while and replaced it..zilch

Stuartli 14:26 19 Aug 03

Try lastminute.com, cheapflights.com or thomascook.com for starters - there are, of course, many others....:-)

Megatyte 14:27 19 Aug 03

Can you boot into Setup?. Removing the battery has reset the BIOS to default settings, and you may now have wrong HDD settings etc.

AH

Jester2K II 14:28 19 Aug 03

Do you know the mobo make and model?

Megatyte 14:31 19 Aug 03

Also remove the modem. That may be causing a problem.

AH

-pops- 14:31 19 Aug 03

Tried a new battery? They don't like being messed around with when they're old(ish).

Is there nothing at all happening? Any sound of fans in the PSU, any LEDs on the motherboard?

Did it work before you did anything to it?

Do you still have the modem installed? If yes, take it out and try again.

Ensure that ALL plugs are plugged and ALL sockets are socketed.

tenaka 14:34 19 Aug 03

and all the screws?

xania 14:35 19 Aug 03

Does the PC run the POST - sounds to me as if it does not, in which case you may well have blown the mobo when you removed the battery. But first, check all the connections to the mobo. DOes the HD spin. Does anything light up on the fron of the box? Open the box and see if any of the fans are spinning (you could have simply got a blown PSU). Some mobos have a fuse - check the manual.

Menawhile - I suppose you could also check that your passports up-to-date!!!!

Good luck.

Jester2K II 14:36 19 Aug 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…