I'm Considering Moving From Sky To Virgin

Input Overload 13:30 18 Jul 09

I have a fair amount of info from 'Virgin' & they believe fibre is available on my road assuming they are correct. Has anyone moved to 'Virgin' & if so was it a good experience or not.

As I am on the edge of ADSL living almost 4 miles from the exchange a speedup in the internet (I get under 2 at the moment) would be welcome – ‘Virgin’ say ‘Up to 20 mBits’ what speed have users actually got? Thanks

OTT_Buzzard 13:35 18 Jul 09

A friend just got his virgin internet upgraded and is now getting i.r.o. 15mbps

baldydave 13:39 18 Jul 09

I beleive cable is ok but avoid virgin adsl as it is a nightmare,also before signing up take a look at their traffic management.
As i am not on cable but adsl i cannot comment on their customer service but if it is like their adsl god help you as they are completely useless.

User-1229748 14:05 18 Jul 09

i'm on virgin cable and using the ethernet connection i get virtually my 10mg 24 hours a day.been with them for a couple of years and can have no complaints.don't know what part of the country you are from but have a look here and see what people local to you sayclick here

RobCharles1981 14:14 18 Jul 09

Input Overload

Post Your Line Stats from your model/router.

Post Back To See What's available at your exchange....

click here

Paddy 15:05 18 Jul 09

I have been with NTL/Virgin now since 2002 and have had no problems with their service.
I did have a problem with 'Drop out' a couple of weeks ago, I called them up on their free phone line on a Wednesday and was offered an engineer call on either the Thursday PM or Friday AM or PM.
I opted for Friday morning (after 0930) Their engineer called at 1045 took one look at the modem and said you need a new modem and promptly fitted one, switched on and tested the speed 9.85mg, smashing I said, thanks Adam (that was his name ha).
I have bored you with this little missive just to reassure you that Virgin has a very impressive service.

Regards: Richard Branson.
(Joking of course)
PM

Input Overload 18:22 18 Jul 09

Seems I might give a a whirl, thanks everyone who commented!

WallyD 18:56 18 Jul 09

I have used NTL for a long time and have no beef with the service however I recently purchased a Netbook so decided to buy a router (Sitecom Cable type )
I had a Pal intall this (I'm thick ) and I connected to the network pretty quick BUT as soon as I clicked on a link it would take ages to come up.
I dont wont to rent a router from NTL as I'd rather buy than rent.
As I dont know what the fault can anyone let me know if they have a setup on NTL with their own router and if so what type
Many thanks

WallyD 18:58 18 Jul 09

Sorry about the above message.
Wrong place but if you can answer then please do so

Strawballs 22:35 18 Jul 09

Have been with them since NYNEX fitted cable down our road would recomend them anyday, am now on 10meg and V+ Box for telly all good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…