I'm building/repairing an old P133 laptop - help!

arthousearrest 00:31 07 Jan 09

I've just bought an old laptop from eBay because I wanted to have something to play old games on in their original form.

It's an OLIVETTI Laptop P133S, without power supply, or floppy disk, CD-ROM drive or caddy.

It doesn't have an OS on it, but it boots up with a BIOS screen, but that's not a problem, I can fix that easily once I've got everything else sorted out.

This really is my first repair project, and as it's such an old laptop (it'll run Win95), I need to know:

What floppy drives (preferably internal) would be compatible? What CD-ROM drives would be compatible? And what power supply box/plug would be compatible? I want to get all these items from eBay or other similar websites. Do I need to stick to a certain number of makes, or...well, what?

I'm hoping that someone on here will know. Please help!

arthousearrest 00:37 07 Jan 09

Here is a pic of the laptop.

click here

ambra4 10:21 07 Jan 09

Olivetti P133S AC Adapters

click here

MaxUpload 14:21 07 Jan 09

There are some weird and wonderful machines out there and rebuilding one is a challenge.

I am a great fan of local ad sites and magazines such as Gumtree and Free Ads.You often find complete machines for sale which can be an invaluable source of parts.

Out of curiosity I did a search and came up with this - click here - it would be worth ringing the guy to see what exactly he has.For the £20 he's asking it could save you a lot of time and money.

As far as a battery and adapter is concerned there are plenty.Just google.In fact Trust do a universal power adapter which comes with about a dozen interchangeable plugs and a variable voltage switch.

The CD Rom and floppy drives are interchangeable plug-in caddies.Not easy to get hold of on their own.

The machine comes with 8mb onboard memory,upgradeable to 40mb with a matched pair of 16mb modules.Again google will tell you that these are freely available.

I hope this info is of some use to you.

Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…