Im after a new PC

PauloAVFC 12:30 06 May 08

Hello guys. I am after a new pc as mine is quite old and is struggling to run Football Manager 08 and any other big applications.

I'm not really great when buying a pc and generally get told what to get by the people in the shop.

I am after advise on what people think would be best for me. I only need a tower not a monitor ETC

I don't need a great graphics card as I don't play games other than Football Manager.

I store alot of work on there aswell as videos, pictures and music so I think I need big memory and a fast processor.

The other problem is funds. I am getting married next year so I don't have vast amounts to spend.

Sorry for the long post guys and thank you in advance.

Totally-braindead 16:27 06 May 08

As a suggestion click here £389 with XP ot £399 with Vista. Not the fastest dual core but decent enough and it has a graphics card capable of playing most things though you would have to lower settings on intensive games. It would certainly have no probs with Football Manager.
You can get cheaper but obviously you get less for your money and you gave no idea of a budget anyway.

harrison.ben1 06:54 07 May 08

My suggestion is this, As you store a lot and work a lot, better go for a Dual-core processor.
I think this Acer m410 suits you perfectly and about budget ,Your pay is rewarded ..

<a href=
"click here">check this</a>

PauloAVFC 10:12 07 May 08

Thank you for your help.

bluerenaultman 15:44 29 Nov 08

Hi, I,m after a new desktop pc to replace my wifes very old windows 2000 dell.I know a little about computers but would like some advice on something that is going to last her a while and be a little faster than the current one! She uses it mainly for the internet, i Tunes and a small CAD package, oh and she would like a dvd writer. As its going to be a christmas present my budget is £350-£400, many thanks!

bluerenaultman 15:49 29 Nov 08

Sorry I,ve put this in the wrong place!!

conrail 20:30 01 Dec 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…