ILYAMA PROLITE E435S - Problem with colour display

JMHM 12:51 23 Oct 05

I have a Ilyama Prolite E435S screen and am running Windows XP Home Edition. The problem I have is that the colours are not displaying properly - the colour black is a deep orangey type colour. I have tried Resetting to Factory preset data using the onscreen menu and have also tried the various menu options. On the test colour screen the correct colours appear briefly when running auto set-up but at the end of auto set-up the colours return to the incorrect state. Does anyone have any ideas before I take the screen back for a replacement ?

many thanks

freaky 13:17 23 Oct 05

I have a ILYAMA PROLITE E435S, suggest you telephone them at 0870 224 9595 - make sure you have the monitor serial number handy.

They will talk you through the problem, if it cannot be solved, then they will arrange a courier to deliver a replacement and take yours away.

I could suggest a number of things to try yourself, but I would give them a call first if I were you.

JMHM 15:30 23 Oct 05

thanks - i'll try that

Mad Mick 23:41 23 Oct 05

See if you can try the monitor on a friends computer. Something similar happened to my daughter and a faulty graphics card was found to be the culprit.

Mad Mick 23:41 23 Oct 05

See if you can try the monitor on a friends computer. Something similar happened to my daughter and a faulty graphics card was found to be the culprit.

Mad Mick 23:42 23 Oct 05

Sorry about the double posting

Monument 07:42 24 Oct 05

Have you run the iiyama screen test/setup software?

It can be downloaded click here

It is under Service > Downloads

JMHM 13:34 25 Oct 05

Yes - I tried the screen test software - the colours would briefly appear correct on the test screen but then revert to the incorrect murkier colours.

JMHM 13:50 03 Nov 05

Iiyama replaced my screen with no problem and now all is fine - thanks for your help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…