illegal software.....

herc182 16:59 31 Oct 04

Dear all,

I have always been interested to know how it is possible to "crack" programs such as Microsoft office/windows or even anti viruses. how is it possible to update (say an antivirus) every hour without the makers clocking on to the fact that an illegally downloaded version of their program is trying to update? how is this possible?

thanks

alan227 17:12 31 Oct 04

You will not get anwers to a question like that on this forum.

rawprawn 17:15 31 Oct 04

I wonder why you ask the question, surely they deserve to be paid for their work.If someone managed to do your job free and cut your salary off how would you feel.

herc182 17:18 31 Oct 04

hang on and lets hold your horses! i dont wanna know how its done! i was just wondering why it is not possible for them to detect its an illegal copy!

thank you

pj123 17:18 31 Oct 04

I don't think this is the Forum for you.

herc182 17:24 31 Oct 04

Re reading the post, it does sound like i want to know how it is possible to crack programs. i apologise for the miscommunication and want to reiterate that i do not want to know that, only why the makers are unable to detect it.

woodchip 17:27 31 Oct 04

Some can

VoG II 17:29 31 Oct 04

People running cracked copies of Office 2000 got a nasty surprise when they installed Service Pack 1.

woodchip 17:35 31 Oct 04

Read between the line of VoG™ post a cheap program is not worth the extra expense of checking. But Office or Windows OS, well just see what happens when you try to upgrade it

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 17:35 31 Oct 04

herc182 is not asking 'how to crack software' he is asking as if eg microsoft windows XP you need your prod ID to downlaod updates right?.he is basicly asking why don't they detect that someone that is updating ilegal software,is this what you mean?.even so,don't let anyone push you off this forum.cheers.ben

Diodorus Siculus 17:36 31 Oct 04

That's ok; I was a bit surprised when you asked it as you have been here a long time. :-)

It does seems strange that it is possible to use them connected to the web each day but that seems to be the nature of the cracks. As someone else commented here today, if someone can create something, someone else can break it (or words to that effect!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac