Illegal Ops

solly 23:22 08 Aug 04

Illegal Ops
To any kind soul. Win 98se, Duron,40G HD 256 Ram. I have been sorely plagued
with I llegal Ops Notices some Page faults No 0000 606045df which appears at random
in any programme with that programmes name on the heading does the number ring
a bell anywhere ?
Illegal Op Kernell 32 in different progs. Microsoft knowledge tells me to look in
sysconfig root for Drivers=mmsystem.dll if missing replace it. My file is there Ok but
there is another file next to it, either @or*Drivers=mmsystem.dllpower.drv which
does`nt look right--should it be there ?
Regarding all the faults with reference to memory corruption, I entered the Microsoft
Mem checker into sysconfig as instructed but it finds no faults with memory. Solly.

jonnytub 23:27 08 Aug 04

try memtest, a much better utility click here than the one youv'e used, although have you added any new hardware recently???

solly 23:39 22 Aug 04

Thanks Johnny Tub I found no faults in my memory
Sys. Anyone with similar trouble might be interested
in the solution to the problem despite the fact that
Micro Knowledge Base does not recognize its own notices. I figured that the fault must be in the
operating system somewhere as it happened at random
in all programs. I therefore fiddled with every
changeable setting on the machine --BINGO-- I found
that the Graphics accelerater which can in some cases Effect Kernel and Rundl 32 was the culprit,it
was set to high!! Reduce it and the trouble is
cured but it has taken a hell of a lot of patience

jonnytub 08:54 23 Aug 04

glad to see you got it fixed, perhaps a tick in the box to say that's it's been resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…