Illegal Operations caused by TAPISRV

drbes 21:35 19 Nov 03

Computer has just had it's hard disk formatted and W98se reinstalled. All is fine except that at random when in just about any programme or file I get Illegal Operation messages all referring to TAPISRV or Dialup Networking cannot start. As I was not attempting to dialup at the time and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong in my Internet connection set up, I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what is causing this and how to remedy it. No other problems and connecting to the Internet is fine.

AndySD 21:48 19 Nov 03
  drbes 21:08 21 Nov 03

Problem resolved as I eventually discovered that the computer engineer who did the reinstall had not downloaded the BT Internet Connection Manager from the BT website and had just copied the saved data from pre-formatting the Hard Disk. A quick download of the BT Connection Manager sorted the problem instantly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…